Hello from Jackson Hole!
I hope you are looking forward to your trip. My goal is to help make your vacation experience memorable and hassle-free. Please contact me as far in advance as possible to start planning your trip!
Pre-Trip Planning Services:
Contact – Meredith Landino, firstname.lastname@example.org, 307-690-8028
I’ve lived in Jackson Hole since 1997 and I look forward to sharing fantastic recommendations to make your trip a unique one. Please book your own transportation (online for best rates) before your arrival. A car is highly recommended in the summer to see all the beautiful sights around the Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks. The Jackson Hole Inspirato residences are a 30-40 minute drive from the Jackson Hole airport.
I will meet and greet you at the property at 4pm the day of your arrival to give you an orientation of the home and to review your itinerary. I will be available to you throughout your stay and will then plan to meet you again the evening before your departure to say goodbye and to review any folio charges incurred while planning your trip.
Many summer activities require advanced planning. Please review the information below.
I forward to working with you!
Download and Print This Guide:
About Jackson Hole
Most people don’t know that Jackson Hole is actually the name of a valley. The town of Jackson, located at the southern end of Jackson Hole, is the biggest town in the valley. Jackson is a major gateway for millions of tourists visiting nearby Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and the National Elk Refuge.
There are several car rental options within the Jackson airport: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty.
Dollar, Eagle, Jackson Hole Recreation Rentals, National and Thrifty are in the town of Jackson.
Please make your car reservations yourself, well in advance. A car is recommended for both summer and winter vacations.
The taxi rate may vary from season to season but they are all the same rates for each taxi company. A rental car is strongly recommended in the summer to allow you to visit the National Parks at your leisure. If you do not choose a rental car, AllTrans operates shuttle service to Teton Village and I can recommend a taxi service to you.
Jackson Hole has a public transportation system called the START Bus that is an inexpensive and efficient way of traveling around the valley. A one-way trip from the town of Jackson to Teton Village has a small fare. Free within town limits.
Weather patterns in Jackson Hole are difficult to predict. When venturing into the mountains, be prepared for rapid, dramatic weather changes, even in the summer. Dressing in layers is very helpful.
NEW! Professional Vacation Videos
Handman Productions introduces Holidoc vacation films……
It’s a revolutionary way of remembering your holiday that goes far beyond pictures, cell phone videos, and souvenir t-shirts. It’s your reality show. You’ll never have to worry about missing the moment again. This is YOUR vacation. Turn it into something that you’ll remember forever. Something that your kids will cherish forever and one day show their own kids. http://www.handmanpro.com/feature/your-vacation-documentary/
Local Activities – please call or email me for pricing & more details
- Flyfishing: Triangle X Ranch or The Wandering Angler, You can’t beat the Blue Ribbon fishing of the Jackson Hole area. Drift boats typically carry 2 passengers at a time for full or half day trips. Rates start at approximately $450/boat. http://www.trianglex.com or http://www.wanderingangler.com/.
- Supper and Scenic Float Trips in Grand Teton National Park, Triangle X Ranch. Triangle X offers Jackson Hole’s greatest variety of Scenic River Float Trips in Grand Teton National Park – Triangle X Float Trips is committed to making your Snake River experience the highlight of your trip. http://www.nationalparkfloattrips.com.
- White water rafting, Scenic Float trips, or a COMBO of both with Breakfast on the River, Enjoy rafting on the Snake River in an 8 or 14 person raft! http://barker-ewing.com/river-trips-jackson/
- Horseback riding, Trails rides are a part of a Western Experience. There are many options to choose from. There are one and 2 hour trail rides right out of Teton Village. Kids 5 and under can be led on a horse but cannot ride on their own.
- NEW! Full and Half Day horseback rides with Green River Outfitters is an experience to remember. http://www.grbto.com/horsebackadventures.html Travel back in time to visit an historic trapper’s cabin and authentic tee-pee’s in the National Forest south of Jackson Hole. Beautiful views and authentic riding. $175 and $250 per person.
- NEW! Intro to Rodeo, Horseback Riding, Jackson Hole’s popular new horseback experience! Get a hands-on introduction to the timed-events portions of rodeo. Learn and experience team roping, barrel racing and more. Introduction to Rodeo is a fun and exciting program, popular with Jackson Hole visitors, and the only one of its kind in Wyoming. 2 hour lessons. http://www.introductiontorodeo.com/
- NEW! Scenic Wooden Boat Tours including breakfast with eagles,day-time float trips, sunset, dinner and special group activities. http://www.woodboattours.com/
- Join us for an experience you will never forget. AJ DeRosa’s Wooden Boat Float Tours offers Jackson Hole’s premier scenic float experience. Enjoy the Teton views from the comfort of our Wooden Dories. Relax after your trip at our Tipi Camp – a place our guests call “Magical”.
- Guided Hiking, Off the beaten path, fully customizable trips, ask about the sun set wine and cheese hike! Hole Hiking, http://www.holehike.com/
- Guided National Parks, full day, half day and wildlife tours! Ana’s Grand Excursions, Taylor’s Eco Tour Adventures and Teton Science School Wildlife Expeditions are the best in the business. Ana’s knowledgeable and fun stops make this a treat for the whole family. Taylor’s Eco Tours offers opportunities for wildlife viewing and more. Teton Science School Wildlife Expeditions was the ordignal wildlife tour of Jackson Hole.
Activities on your own. These do not require reservations.
- Biking in the Park, on path, start and rent at Dornans
- Rockefeller Center on Moose Wilson Road
- Visitor center in Moose
- Alpine Slide at Snow King
- National Museum of Wildlife Art
- Jackson Hole Playhouse, The Ballad of Cat Ballou, 8pm showings
- Shootout, nightly 6pm, townsquare
- Rodeo, Wed/Sat, 8pm
- Free Ranger Led talks in GTNP, outlined in GTNP newspaper
- Lunch/Dinner at Dornan’s
- Happy Hour and music at the top of the Gondola in Teton Village
- Margs and Nachos outside at Signal Mtn in Grand Teton National Park
- Scenic/animal drive around the Kelly Loop and up Moose Wilson Rd., Oxbow Bend
- GTNP hikes; Taggart Lake, Jenny Lake, drive to top of Signal Mtn
- Tram to top of Village
- Fire and Ice Boat Cruise on Jackson Lake, see GTNP newspaper
Snake River Lodge and Spa
$45/day per person includes indoor/outdoor pool, fitness facility, hot tubs, his and her lounges and spa
Teton Sports Club (and outdoor pool)
Located on the Teton Village Road, 4 miles from Teton Village. Weekly single and family memberships available.
Teton Mountain Lodge, Solitude Day Spa, http://tetonlodge.com/spa/
Juniper Lopez with 3Peaks Massage Or Casey Cox. Juniper and Casey are both available for in-house massage. This should be booked well in advance especially if you anticipate wanting multiple massages at the same time.
Baby Gear and Babysitting Services
(Almost!)Everything a baby needs can be rented and delivered to your property. Please see the extensive list at http://www.jacksonholebabysitting.com/gear.htm
Il Villaggio Osteria
The “Osteria” offers a dynamic and delicious dining experience grounded in Italy’s finest tastes and experiences. Created by celebrated Chef/Owner Roger Freedman, the menu draws from many regions of Italy with a vast selection of antipasti, primi, secondi and wood-oven pizza. http://www.hotelterrajacksonhole.com/restaurants-jackson-hole.php
Couloir located at the top of the Bridger Gondola is far from ordinary dining. It’s a total dining experience like no other in Jackson Hole. A friendly greeting and an exciting eight minute gondola ride start the experience. Breathtaking views entertain diners as they quietly ascend to 9,095 feet to the new Bridger Restaurants building. Warm hospitality, a beautiful atmosphere, magnificent scenery, fine western cuisine, and superb service await the Couloir diner. www.jacksonhole.com/info/ae.dining.winter.asp
The Four Seasons has 2 options for dining. The Westbank Grill and The Peak Grill. http://www.fourseasons.com/jacksonhole/dining/
Established in 1967, the Moose has been voted the #1 restaurant and entertainment complex of all North America ski resorts. For more information please visit http://www.mangymoose.net/.
Teton Village Road, 4 miles from Teton Village
The Calico is an excellent Italian family restaurant and a locals-favorite bar under one roof. The Calico’s location (on the Start Bus Route) makes it the perfect place to stop after a full day in Jackson Hole. Come see why locals and vacationers alike love the Calico. For more information please visit. http://calicorestaurant.com/.
Q Roadhouse (located on the Teton Village Road, 4 miles from Teton Village)
Q Roadhouse offers yet another wonderful dining experience from the Fine Dining Restaurant Group. Q’s casual and fun atmosphere welcomes diners seeking the killer ribs and BBQ, but also boasts an extensive menu of non BBQ items such as fresh fish, beautiful salads, and seasonal vegetarian dishes. The outdoor patio offers al fresco dining, as well as a 25 seat bar and billiard room. The incredible Teton views, friendly staff, and relaxed atmosphere make Q a favorite amongst locals and visitors alike. Reservations recommended, walk-ins always welcome. http://www.qjacksonhole.com/
In Jackson Hole, the Town
Snake River Grill
An American fine dining grill Snake River is on the Town Square, providing a warm, rustic, elegance with a wood burning stove. Private dining room and an intimate dining counter is also available. Full-service bar. Reservations recommended. One of the most elegant local restaurants in the town of Jackson Hole. http://www.snakerivergrill.com/
Offering a fun and lively atmosphere paired with the knowledgeable service you expect and serving tasty American Bistro fare. Dine at the oyster bar, sit down for a casual dinner in the bar, or enjoy a three course experience in the dining room. http://www.rendezvousbistro.net/
Located in the Rusty Parrot Lodge, Wild Sage offers a phenomenal, romantic, dining experience in a small, intimate setting. The breakfast menu changes daily.
Dinner includes entrees such as wild porcini mushroom crusted beef tenderloin. For more information please visit http://www.rustyparrot.com/dining/dinner/.
Snake River Brewing Company
Located in downtown Jackson Hole, Snake River Brewing offers internationally acclaimed microbrews and sensational menu items amidst our fully functioning brewery. No vacation is complete without stopping by our brewpub. For more information please visit http://www.snakeriverbrewing.com/.
A Jackson Hole favorite for 27 Years. Best Rack of Lamb in Town!! Other house specialties include crab cream cheese stuffed mushrooms, freshly made Caesar salad, elk tenderloin and fresh Idaho red trout. Outside Patio upon request. http://www.bluelionrestaurant.com/